Learn the true lessons of the Silicon Valley capital experience. Join the first certified trade & policy mission of its kind. Gain skills to create your own capital ecosystem in a hands-on workshop.
The International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce is proud to present the first Certified Reverse Trade & Policy Mission for Global Institutional Limited Partner (LP) Investors. This trade and policy mission is designed for worldwide LPs, and those who are responsible for creating capital ecosystems to meet the leading U.S. private equity and venture capital general partners (GP). You have an opportunity to learn tools to improve LP portfolio performance and skills to apply for growing markets.
What are the benefits of participating?
- The inward trade and policy mission to the United States will be hosted in the vibrant capital ecosystem of Silicon Valley.
- Participants will meet general partners from many of the USA’s leading venture capital and private equity firms.
- Attendees will gain insider insights on how the capital ecosystem functions in Silicon Valley and the rest of the United States.
- Attendees will learn strategies to improve portfolio performance.
- The trade and policy mission will be structured as a professional development workshop on the latest investment portfolio design techniques, particularly frameworks, case studies, and tools from the capital ecosystem of Silicon Valley and the United States.
- Workshop speakers will include leading investment practitioners and experts on how to enhance the performance of capital ecosystems.
By the end of mission, our goal is that you will have: (a) contacts with dozens of hard-to-access venture capital general partners in Silicon Valley and from across the United States; (b) gained insights into how the U.S. capital ecosystem functions; and (c) learned new tools that you can apply immediately to generate higher portfolio returns by growing your domestic capital ecosystem.
Only institutional and government LP investors and capital-related policymakers may apply. Applications will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 1-3 days.This mission is organized by T2 Venture Capital, the private sector program manager. T2VC is a Silicon Valley firm that builds both startup companies and the ecosystems that grow them. Their workshop—the Rainforest Architects—gives leaders access to the latest tools, thought leaders, and peer networks for designing robust ecosystems. This cutting-edge program is produced in partnership with colleagues from Stanford University and numerous other institutions.
The “U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service” support the goals of this event, but does not endorse the specific products, or views of the participating organizations. General Partners are selected to participate based on criteria set by T2 Venture Capital. The United States Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration is not involved in recruiting and or selecting general partner participants.
- September 15-18, 2013
- Mid-April, 2014
For more information please contact your local United States Embassy, Foreign Commercial Service; or:
Mr. Randy Mitchell
Senior Trade Strategist for Private Equity and Venture Capital
U.S. Department of Commerce
International Trade Administration (ITA)
Office of Financial Services Industries (MAS/OFSI)
Office: 1 202 482 2967
Mobile: 1 240 776 2208
Post: 1401 Constitution Avenue, NW Room 1800A, Washington, DC 20230
Promoting U.S. economic growth by stimulating and facilitating greater levels of foreign business investment in the United States.
Ms. Christina Wu
T2 Venture Creation